My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

NEWS FROM INDIA

It was the main railway line from the city center out to where our friends Basil and Cathy D'Souza live and minister that was the scene of the rush hour bombings yesterday.

Word from Basil is that no one in their church was affected, but it would be good to pray for the families that were and for the continuing stability of the country.

On Saturday the congregation there, that I have visited so many times, will be embarking on the 40 Days Of Purpose campaign that we followed two years ago. We have been able to pass on most of the resources that are needed and you can even get copies of Purpose Driven Life in India now.

The leaders in the church were very excited when I sat down with them last month to help them put the finishing touches to their preparations and now we wait to see what God will do there during the next six weeks.