My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, July 14, 2006

TAKING IT UP A GEAR

I generally make the graphic for our current series the wallpaper on my computer, so I'm constantly reminded of where we're focused.

Get Off The Bench gets under way on Sunday and the morning's theme is Defining The Win.

If you're successful in sports you keep winning games. If you're a successful investor, you have an impressive portfolio and plenty of profits to show. A top salesman proves his worth by the amount of inventory he can shift in a given period.

But what's success for a church? What's a win?

I want to restate our vision and goals on Sunday, especially with the fall in mind. Next week I'll be detailing the specific changes we are planning for September, but before that we need to make sure we're all focused on what we're about.

It's time to see our church move from good to great!