My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

CLEANED OUT!

This morning was different - in a good way. To conclude our worship series we gave most of the time to praise and worship and while I didn't preach as such, I did take around 25 minutes to share some aspects of the vision for our new-look church following the September 10th relaunch.

I spoke about two areas of involvement. One is to invite, using the great materials we have at hand and the other is to pray. I talked about the week of prayer that starts next Sunday and also kicks off a 40 Days "Daniel Fast" (more on that later).

On Labor Day we have a major connection event in the community, our End Of Summer Festival at Shore Front Park. Do you know that every last invitation card we had printed for that afternoon was picked up today. We were cleaned out. They are gone, vanished, disparue (bit of Frnech there!), nixed, anihilated - there are none left at all.

I love that. You know why? I can talk about what we're looking to do until I'm blue in the face without knowing whether I'm really getting through, but that empty table screams that a ton of our people have got it!

We are on the same page, moving forward together. This will be a great fall. Not a good one, an average one or just another one - a great fall!