My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY

We've been looking at a whole lot of things for our September re-launch. I mean a whole lot. We've had to get equipment for two new theaters for Altered and Kidmo, set everything in motion for the Little K program and talk over some upgrades to our Smallstars nursery. We've had to pull together everything we needed to create a prayer chapel and a video venue too. Add to that mix, video equipment, lighting, tv link, revamped cafe, new visitor gift packs, signage, upgrades to sound system, etc.,etc.

Then we've worked on invitations, newspaper ads, an end of summer event in the community and I can fully appreciate why on odd days lately I've found myself wondering which way is up!

But here's the bottom line, when everything is in place and the word is being spread out there, we're not really into marketing or sales, we're into changed lives.

Let me put it another way. However different, fancy and impressive everything looks and is on September 10th, if God doesn't show up it will be one humungous waste of time, effort and money.

So now I'm doing a lot of praying about our fall plans. Now I know all the real spiritual folks who read this will comment that it would have been good to be doing that a long time ago. If that's you, go directly to heaven, do not pass purgatory, do not collect $200!

Meanwhile, back in the world of mere mortals, if you want to join me and pray for God to change lives, bring hope to people that are lost and perform miracles in families, please do that!

Let's make praying our focus as we count down the days to the start of our church's next chapter.