My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

I'M FRIED

I really am! I don't mean that in the burned out sense, just the burned bit of it. Not sure whether we're on vacation right now or not, Gill and I decided to spend the last two afternoons at Cedar Beach and it was hot! Whatever they tell you, let me advise you that factor 50 doesn't always cut it!

The weird thing is that the beach is just 7 miles from our house - I clocked it - which means you can get there in ten minutes if the lights are favorable, though of course they never are.

I reckon I've been there twice in the fifteen years we've lived here - and I love the beach.

So what is wrong with this picture??? Don't bother sending me your email answers, the question is rhetorical!

Maybe I need to take time to enjoy the journey while I work like crazy to make sure I complete it?

And don't sit there piously concluding what an idiot I am, as if I'm the only person you know who needs some help keeping life in balance. In fact, why not turn off your own computer and enjoy something with someone in the real world for a change?