My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

JUNK

Since we were scheduled to be in Scotland right now, I'm not fully sure whether I'm working or on vacation, so it's a kind of schizophrenic week here at the moment.

Today I decided to do something I've wanted to get stuck into for ages - clean out the store room in the basement and the garage. I did it the easy way, ordering a dumpster and throwing everything I could into it before Gill got chance to express an opinion on whether it was a family heirloom or a piece of junk. Of course some items fitted into both of those categories!

It's amazing what useless stuff takes up vital space and complicates life.

There's a lesson there somewhere for us all!