My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, August 04, 2006

UPBEAT SUMMER


Some pastors just give up on summer. Once Memorial Day hits they go into neutral, facing the coming weeks of lower attendances as though they are a necessary evil in the church's year.

Summer has been very positive at CATM - we were not about to sit around for three months as if they don't matter, and wait for Labor Day to come. We have taken some time to re-cast vision, increased involvement and have welcomed quite a number of new people.

This constructive approach continues throughout August with a series on worship that starts this coming Sunday. The climax of the four weeks series will be a morning given to worship on August 27th, but it's the beginning of this teaching that will set us on track.

See you Sunday if you're local - or listen to the message on our podcast if you're one of our regular readers from across the country and in other countries too.