My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

SHOT!

Running on four hours sleep last night is catching up on me, but this has been a good day. Got to spend some more time with Jonathan, Donna and the kids before taking Jonathan into Manhattan this afternoon for him to prepare for the next few days of design shows, etc.

It was a great morning, with a bunch of good things going on -

1. A YWAM team was outstanding in our alternative service Altered. I'm looking forward to making that a part of our weekly schedule from September 10th.

2. In Worship Central we actually had a full band, which was quite a change from the decimated group we had last week. We even had a guest keyboard player who knew his way up and down the notes well!

3. I think my last part of the series went over reasonably well, sonsidering I was brain dead after an eventful night.

4. Although I arrived a lot later than usual today, everything was in place. I know my presence is not really needed at 7.00am on Sundays, but I just like to be there from the start of preparations. Every Sunday has been in preparation for several months - I love it when the time comes to get everything under way.

5. Our tailgate party after service was great. It was a treat not to have to rush away from the theater because Pirates Of The Caribbean was opening on seventeen screens. The parking lot was hot, but it was good to hang with everyone. It's amazing that so many people eat burgers and dogs just after 11.00am!

6. I was delighted that almost all our new tee shirts were sold. It proves a ton of folks took on board the idea of being walking billboards for the next month or so.

7. There were a load of guests around today - they came on a good day. I do love doing what I do!!!