My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

AMERICA HAS VOTED!


A couple of months ago on these very pages I asked how you describe our church when inviting friends or talking to those who don't know us. I referred to our slightly schizophrenic existence with the legal name of Grace Ministries, the general name of Grace Church and the explanatory name of Church At The Movies.

We really wanted to simplify and since we're going to be in a movie theater for quite some time, we've decided to go with what a number of people suggested in their emails and exploit the theater connection for all it's worth.

So for the next while we will be Church At The Movies (Grace Church) rather than Grace Church (Church At The Movies).

Of course the two are totally interchangeable, so you can use whatever you want, but on all our advertising we will be Church At The Movies.

Why the change? It's all about our key purpose - seeking and saving those that are lost.