My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

RUNNING FOR AIDS ORPHANS

Over the past few years, one of the ladies at Grace Church has raised quite a bit of cash for different outreach projects through running in sponsored half marathons, but she has had some health issues lately and has been out of action.

The good news is - Paula's back and she's looking to put a team together to run the 10K Cow Harbor Race in Northport on September 16th.

We've been talking about it a bit and have decided that we will invite sponsors to help us with the next major challenge for our Kids Explosion work among AIDS orphans and abused children in Kurland, South Africa. The three existing safe-houses are not enough to accommodate the increasing number of children being left parentless as this diease claims over 800 lives a day in that country, so we are in the process of helping them buy land to build another house.

So our team will run for AIDS ORPHANS, a cause that has been highlighted recently thanks to Bill Gates and we hope that with folks taking sponsor sheets to their friends, families and workplaces, we will be able to come up with a substantial contribution towards the cost of providing a new life for devastated children in one corner of South Africa.

I'll be doing my part - running with the team from Grace.

What team? Good point.

Why not join us? Email the office for more info.