My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

QUITE THE WEEKEND!

It's always interesting when someone tells me they have missed my meanderings here. It's good to know people actually stop by occasionally and read the random thoughts of a seriously over-the-hill pastor!

Yesterday evening we got word that our son-in-law's father had been seriously injured in a skydiving accident whilst in Arizona with his work. Freddie is a great guy who got a thirst for this lunatic past-time a couple of years ago, so he loves to jump wherever he is around the country.

However his landing yesterday has him in a life-threatening condition after serious surgeries.

Please pray for him and for all the family right now. Gill and I were scheduled to leave for Scotland tomorrow on a 16 day vacation, but we have cancelled that trip and will be around for the forseeable future.

As you can tell, there's a lot going on. I only had a few hours sleep last night, so am tired now. Church today was great - more about that later!