My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, July 24, 2006

ALMOST AT SHEA

Got a call late this afternoon asking me if I wanted tickets for the Mets game tonight. Did I want them? Is the Pope a Catholic?

They included a reception before the game and two good tickets to see my favorite, division-leading team. Gill hurriedly pulled her David Wright shirt from the closet and I put on my Pedro Martinez shirt, then off we drove like a pair of senile groupies.

While we were on our way there we got a call from our benevolent friend, apologetically explaining that when he called ahead to say we would be there for free food and drinks and the game, he was told that he himself was the only person who could use the invitation.

The poor guy was so embarassed, but it was okay, because -

1. Gill and I got to go out for a while and had dinner together anyway, which had not been in the day's plans.

2. We visited IKEA and got some ideas for making our cafe furniture rather more contemporary some time in the future.

3. We already have field level seats for Wednesday's game, so will get to Shea once this week anyway.


And we get to have an early night instead of getting home around midnight.