My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

TRUE NORTH REVISITED

I guess there's a pretty good chance you didn't check in here to learn that my knees are complaining like crazy about the extra load I'm putting on them by upping my exercise rate to try to be able to finish the 10K race with a time of anything under three weeks. But man, they're sore! All that news is a freebie.

Anyway, I decided to check out True North Church in Port Jefferson Station this evening. It's a while since I've been there, but Sunday evenings at this ten months old church rock. While you don't need a special pass to get in there if you're over 20, I must admit you're pretty conspicuous in the young corwd that packs the place.

As ushers were desperately looking for seats for arriving guests, I decided to give mine up and see how the service was on the video link into the cafe area.

Mild complaint coming up here Bert - you really need to be serving java at night like you do in the mornings. Sitting at a table in a cafe area, something was missing without a coffee mug in my hand.

This church is outrageous. Bert Crabbe is one outstanding guy. He preached a great message too, though the toy summo wrestlers he showed us and said he keeps in his office, kind of freaked me out. Hey, each to his own!

It's exciting to be in a young church that has come so far and will go a long way in the future.