My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

JUST BEIGE

I got a great email from someone in our church in response to my blogging about change the other day. This lady who has been with us since the start related a conversation with a woman who had seen major conflict in her church because there were those who wanted to change the color of the sanctuary from the beige it had always been.

The email continues -

I am glad that our church will never be 'just beige'. I love the fact that we can never get too comfortable. Just when things are going along, you spice things up and change a bit. The mission has always been the same, but I like the varied packaging. No one can say church is boring!

I love people who have got the point!

And there's no plain beige around Church At The Movies!!!

Color is mandatory!