My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, July 31, 2006

WHAT TO DO?

Thanks for praying for Mike's dad - he's holding his own over in sunny Arizona, so let's believe for continuing recovery.

We should have been leaving for JFK right now, heading for the peace of Scotland and some time with Gill's sister-in-law who last month had more surgery for bowel cancer. Thankfully she is doing very well, so we'll catch up with them at some point in the future since we now have a credit with good old British Airways.

Staying here was a no-brainer and to be honest, there's so much going on in our preparations for our September relaunch that I'm sort of glad we won't be going far. We'll probably carve out a few days here and there over the next couple of weeks to kick back and enjoy one of the Island's many beaches, but the main thing will be staying available to Charlotte and particularly to Mike's family.

We've got a barrel-load of the stuff we need for September - video camera, plasma tv for Big Screen Cafe, furniture for The Chapel, invitations, etc, but there's a lot that's still in the works and if I'm nearer home we can keep pushing it along.

I love visiting Scotland and catching up with people I've known for 30 years in the tiny villages of Cairnbulg and Inverallochy, but they'll be there another time as will the special memories of the past that are wrapped up over there.

Focusing on the future will continue to be front and center for the next few weeks!