My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, July 31, 2006

FURTHER PROOF: SOMETIMES LIFE STINKS!

I've been trying to put myself in Xavier Nady's shoes this evening.
Just imagine - yesterday he was a vital part of the National League leading Mets who had just swept their arch-rivals, the Braves for the first time since just before the Battle of Gettysburg.

One of his teamates is in an accident, will probably not pitch agan this season and suddenly the club has a major problem. So they get two mediocre pitchers from the Pittsburgh Pirates (they used to be a baseball team) and give them Nady in return.

From penthouse to outhouse in one phone call, which he apparently got while walking on the beach with his fiancee!

There's no other way to put it, life does stinkl at times. It's what we do with it all that is the making or otherwise of us.