My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

COMPUTER RANT

When I started pastoring I had books, notepads, pens, a typewriter and no darned computers, which have done a heck of a lot more to make life easier for people in third world countries offering technical support than they have ever done for me.

We have on site technical support for our office computers, but today I found out what that really means.

It means they'll send a guy to replace your destroyed hard drive, but that he'll do squat after that except leave you with a bunch of disks and tell you to load all the data. It took somewhere between three and four hours to accomplish that today and I was sorely tempted to throw the machine out of the window and personally donate a brand new computer to Lynn's work station.

Surely the guy should have set it up and have had it running, but no say Dell, he is responsible for replacing the drive and installing the Windows system. Remind me not to buy the support next time!

And why should I trouble you with all this?

Well, you don't think Dell will listen, do you?