My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

DOING NOTHING

Since we were scheduled to be in Scotland today and my involvement at CATM was to be zero, I decided to leave it at that even though I was in fact there for the service.

When you've watched a church come together from nothing and develop from the early stages when nothing happened unless you yourself made it come about, it's tremendously rewarding to be there doing nothing and still be part of a really good service.

The worship team excelled - again - and Lesaya's first part of our series on worship was outstanding. She is a great teacher and a tremendous asset to our church. Today's message covered an enormous amount of ground and was extremely practical. If you didn't hear it, keep looking for the podcast which will be on the website soon.