My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

TAGGED

Blogging is of course the 21st Century way of keeping up with people you know and for exchanging both brilliant insights and absolute nonsense too. I'm not sure which category this falls into ...

I see Preston Porter pulled me into a game of blogtag and since I'm "It", here's my wisdom on the topics being addressed -

One book that changed your life: Rediscovering Church by Bill Hybels.

One book (parts of a book) that you've read more then once: Visioneering by Andy Stanley.

One book that you'd want on a desert island: The Grace Awakening by Charles Swindoll

One book that made you laugh: Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller

One book that made you cry: What's So Great About Grace? by Phillip Yancey

One book you wished had been written: How To Get It Right First Time And Save Yourself A Lot Of Pain.

One book you wished had never been written: Anything on post-modernism - it's academic claptrap. Sad thing is I bought and read several of these works of nonsense.

One book you are currently reading: Never Eat Alone And Other Secrets To Success by Tahl Raz

One book you've been meaning to read: The Barbarian Way by Erwin McManus

I don't know what others bloggers might venture here on occasions, so can't pass on the tag - guess that wins me seven years of bad luck???