My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

WHAT'S NEXT?

Okay, so that was the second of my planned Sundays off - today I spent quite a bit of time checking out what was going on around the place while the service was going on in Theater 13.

I think one of the most impressive things that was happening was the Smallstars Nursery. That place was a hive of activity - and noise! I didn't realize we had so many little toddlers and there was a high level of volunteer help, giving us an outstanding adult to child ratio.

I remember hearing it said that a couple of decades ago when people were having children at a younger age, the kids were just dragged along wherever mom and dad went. However, the theory continues, now that many couples are having babies later in life, the welfare of their children is the predominant thought in choosing a church.

Full marks to our nursery staff for maintaining a top notch ministry. In a few weeks they will be introducing a whole new program there, we'll be starting Little K for Pre-K and K, plus of course there will be the debut of KIDMO.

Wandering the hallways this morning, I was glad to see we're getting it right where our children are concerned.