My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, August 14, 2006

GETTING CLOSE

Just been discussing our newspaper ads for September. We're going to focus on three things:

1. Our End Of Summer Festival at Shorefront Park in Patchogue on Labor Day.

2. KIDMO - of course!

3. Our new-look Sunday, using the What's Your Style concept.

We'll run ads in the Pennysaver and the Patchogue Advance to help us put the word out, but there's no question that word of mouth is the most effective form of invitation. So the ads are really the backup for the one on one that will go on over the next few weeks.

I'm pumped about September 10th, but there's still a lot to do between now and then.