My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, August 21, 2006

STUFF HAPPENS

I know it has been a whole weekend without blogging and trust me, I'm feeling the withdrawal symptoms too. It was a busy couple of days, with our old friend Robert Cameron in town - he did a good job preaching for us yesterday and there were a load of new people around the place. That's weird for summer, folks - I think we have actually grown this past couple of months, at a time when most churches are flat. We'll see the full story once vacations are over, but it looks like this fall we will make a good move to pass the next major hurdle, the 500 barrier.

Yesterday got nuts as we heard from Phoenix that the doctors suggested to Charlotte's mother-in-law that family members should be asked to come and see Freddie as he now has pneumonia and internal bleeding and things don't look good.

The rest of the day was a chaotic few hours pulling everything together so that Charlotte, Mike and his brother Dan could fly out last night. With take-off delays they were due in Arizona around 4.00am our time! Still waiting for news today. Please pray for everyone involved.

And if you know a skydiver, tell them that even if the chances of major injury are one in a million, if someone you love happens to be that one, it sucks!