My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A FAMILY AFFAIR

I'm going out for a while this evening, despite the pouring rain and the fact this is the last free night I'll have for almost two weeks. The house is being invaded.

To explain - without question, the best support I have had in thirty six years of ministry has been my wife of almost thirty seven years. She has been an amazing, friend, partner, encourager and occasionally the voice of reason!

Gill doesn't look for prominence. She's a good preacher but says that is not her thing, so in church life she does what she does the same as she does at home and is a friend and encourager to so many.

We met in Bible School and started married life with God's kingdom as our priority and reaching people with God's love as our life purpose. Little wonder then that she loves missions and has developed a real passion for underpriveleged children in South Africa.

Tonight a group of ten people will gather here and make final preparations for a missions trip over in Africa in October. She'll be off there then and the next month I'll be returning to India.

We may go in different directions, but we're on the same page.

Chez nous missions is a family affair.