My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

THE TABLE REVISITED

This coming Sunday is it - the last hoorah before the big day, the start of a week of prayer and the launch of 40 days of fasting (partial that is!).

I made up my mind several weeks ago what I wanted to teach on this important morning and then paused to pass it by the pastoral team to see if they thought it was a good idea or I was going crazy - but they agreed (that it was a good idea, I mean!).

So here's what I'm going to do, I'm taking my personal favorite message of the past couple of years The Table,updating it a little and using it to cast vision for the fall.

I've used that message in a number of churches and a couple of other countries - it excites me and motivates me like nothing else I've put together on the subject of what we're about and where we're going.

On September 10th we'll be launching our major fall series - DISCOVER RECOVERY: Life Hurts-God Heals but before all that we need to revisit The Table.