My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

16 HOURS

This has been a long weekend countdown for me. Still, the Mets won this afternoon and we have our last prayer meeting of the week this evening, so those are two positives to retire with tonight.

I've had a couple of interesting conversations this week with young parents who have been plugged into a different church. Seems in both cases they've found the formality and the need to dress the kids up each week has got the better of them. Now we're not fishing for people who are already Christians but if our style suits the needs of some better, then that's okay with me.

Some people find our way of doing church is not for them and they move on to another flavor - that's okay with me too.

Some love CATMO, some hate it and it just downright confuses others (I like that one especially!).