My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, September 04, 2006

GREAT DAY


Our End Of Summer Festival lived up to all our expectations. Great weather after a lousy, wet weekend and above all a great crowd.

I've never seen a church with such a work ethic - people were helping out all over the place - which was great because we gave away a ton of food and ran out of drinks trwice! But the outcome was several hundred new contacts and a lot of potential new people in church.

We reckon there were somewhere near 600 people in the park today and I am convinced that having sown a lot this afternoon, we're going to reap a lot too. After all, Jesus said that's what happens!