My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, September 01, 2006

PRESBYTERIANS KNOW A THING OR TWO

While I'm sitting watching Houston giving the Mets a run for their money, down in Texas, our son should have been watching the state's other team, the Rangers tonight. The family had great seats for the game, but Jonathan alas is in hospital.

It has been a tough six months for him health-wise and while the sarcoidosis shows signs of slowly retreating, he has faced a number of other issues, some of which have been caused by the heavy doses of steroids he has to take.

Doctors thought the pain he has been suffering was due to gall bladder problems, but when he went to the ER yesterday because the discomfort had reached an unbearable point, the tests they ordered ruled that out.

Now he's going through all kinds of other tests while they try to get to the root of this new problem. Please say a prayer for him.

Don't pity his situation too much though. He's in an enormous private room in the local Presbyterian Hospital, with a sofa, flat screen tv and wireless keyboard for surfing the internet on the tv!

I've got nothing against Catholic Hospitals - all my grandchildren were born in one and I've had some dealings with Long Island Jewish's establishments too, but when it comes to patient care, there's something here that shouts at you - Presbyterians sure know a thing or two.

It's enough to make you want to change your religion!!!