My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, September 08, 2006

42 HOURS AND COUNTING

We're getting down to the wire for Sunday's relaunch and everything seems to be pretty much in place, with the exception of the lighting. Have to check back with the lighting engineer later this afternoon to see if the outstanding parts are in. It's getting pretty tight for time!

Just put the finishing touches to my teaching notes. I'm looking forward to this series for a couple of reasons -

1. It will be the longest series we've done in a long, long time - eight weeks. That makes it a heck of a lot easier in so many ways than chopping from one three weeks series to the next which is virtually what we have done all year so far.

2. The subject matter is foundational. The ministry of Jesus was to those who were beaten, broken and battling. So we're going to talk about the fact that life hurts but God heals. Discover Recovery scratches people where they really itch.

3. We're going to be encouraging folks who recognize they need help to join one of our recovery groups. As these flourish, they will become an entry point into new life and into the church for people we don't even know yet.

4. In general, I'm pumped about Sunday because there are so many of our CATMO regulars who have got plugged in, so many ministry leaders who have stretched themselves and their teams so they excel, and such a high level of expectation of what God is going to do.

The build-up has been several months and the preparations have been intense, but we'll soon be there.

If you're within driving distance, why not be in on the first Sunday of the new look Church At The Movies?