My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, December 29, 2006

BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE

If you check the weather forecast for the north east of Scotland, it will tell you that the temperature was around 40 today. They're lying! What they don't take into account is what I had forgotten about this area in winter - there's a lingering dampness in the air and the wind has been gusting up to 80mph.

80mph - I lie not. Back on Long Island that's enough to have warnings flashing across the bottom of the TV screen, but here it's just another windy day that feels like its in the teens.

When I went out for a run this morning I doscovered that walking was barely possible. It was a test to cover around two miles heading straight into the wind, but it was a heck of a lot easier jogging the return journey with the wind at my back.

And the moral of this story is - sometimes the going is tough and everything is against you, but it changes. Nothing stays the way it is. Stick at it and stay the course.

Better go be sociable. Loving being here with family and friends - but baby it's cold ouitside!