My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, June 29, 2007

AGAIN?

Is it my age, or have the past three months flown by? (Hint: Choosing the latter is the polite way to go).

Seems like it was only a few weeks ago that we had out last Celebration Sunday, but here we are all ready to go again with our quarterly celebration of baptism and communion.

I love baptisms. They are an open testimony to lives that have been changed by the grace of God, of people who have come to faith in Jesus and received the gift of eternal life. They are the ongoing evidence of the fact we're not just talking about reaching the lost, but it is happening.

Every church in creation will tell you their goal is to see people come to Christ, but sadly very few position themselves for that to become a reality and in all too many churches they haven't seen a real conversion in living memory.

Truth is, if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got. But if you create an environment where the unchurched are welcome and communicate the good news in a way they can understand, the gospel really does still work - very effectively.

So Sunday we'll hear testimonies of changed lives - that's something to celebrate!