My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

SISTER ELAINE

Elaine Bohrer went home to be with Jesus just after 3.00am today, slightly more than a week after she collapsed into a coma in the E.R. at Good Samaritan Hospital with bleeding in the brain.

Sister Elaine, as she is universally known, was a remarkable woman. Founding the Lighthouse Mission in Patchogue by handing out a few sandwiches to the poor, she developed it into a thriving ministry that reaches out to thousands of people all over the Island every week.

I loved her enthusiasm, her faith and her passion for those that are hurting. I loved that she took on projects that were way too big for her and actually accomplished them, with God's help. She was a refreshing change from so many Christian leaders who seem to live their lives trying desperately to maintain the status quo. For Sister Elaine there were always new projects, fresh adventures, opportunities to see God do the miraculous.

She was a great encouragement and example.

Today heaven is richer and so are those of us who had the privilege of knowing Sister Elaine.