My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

I LIED!

Okay, I know I said I wouldn't be blogging until Thursday (and so have no reason to think anyone will even read this!), but I guess I lied - and for two very good reasons -

1. Our poor dog is still not at all well, so we have not got out to Montauk yet. In her present condition it wouldn't be right to palm her off onto anyone, even family, so we're here in sunny Coram. Maybe tomorrow???

2. I am totally stoked about church this morning and need to express what I am feeling somewhere and to someone. So since you're here - it's you that gets it all ....

Where to start? The plan had been that we would come in from Montauk for service today, but everything was covered so though present, I wouldn't be doing anything. That's what happened and it was all so brilliant without me that I'm walking on air. What was so great? A load of different things ...

+ When I strolled in at 8.45 the place looked brilliant. The stage design in theater 13 has got to be the best yet.
+ I was given a free gift for Fathers' Day at the door.
+ Our Indonesia missions team shared about their recent trip. Man, am I proud of them?
+ Frank Summers did the teaching and was off the charts. I don't know what he was smoking today, but he was hilarious - I want some of that!
+ Met some good new folks.
+ All the men were given specially wrapped home baked cookies for Fathers' Day at the cafe.
+ The band were amazing. Did I say that last week?
+ Almost 30 people who are part of our Celebrate Recovery program arrived back straight from their retreat.
+ Someone I have been praying for over the last several months gave her life to Jesus at the retreat.
+ Our Miracles At The Movies segment today featured Bob McGee sharing what God has done for him since he first came to the theater. I remember that first Easter he was there and am thrilled to see what God has done for him and for his family too. He's a great guy!
+ In KIDMO Cassie told everyone how God had guided her in giving away the bike she won. Scroll down to Friday for that story.
+ Several folks told me they were leaving straight from church to visit members in hospital.
+ There was a tremendous atmosphere around the place today - it was fun, it was family and not only did we meet God, but he talked to us too.

We've had some great Sundays but for me this was one of the best - because it all went on without me. So many have grasped the vision and are running with it.

I love this stuff!