My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, June 15, 2007

THIS IS REALLY COOL

They did a drawing in KIDMO last Sunday for a brand new, bright green mountain bike. (I think it was a raffle really, though there was no money involved, but some Christians would flip at the use of the word, so we'll call it a drawing so as not to offend anyone's conscience!!!)

The 6th Grader who won it didn't really need it and it was a boy's bike anyway, so Cassie went home wondering what she should do with it and who she could give it too. Here's the story she emailed to Charlotte -

I found somebody to give the bike to!!

My neighbor has a little boy in kindergarten, and we gave the bike to him. His mom is single, and this is kind of funny. When we went to ask her if he would like it, she was talking to the people who own the house (she lives in an apartment in the basement) about getting him a bike. When we brought the bike over she was so happy! She said her son would flip out.

His birthday is on Saturday, his favorite color is green, and she didn't think she would be able to get him a bike for his birthday, that she would have to wait until after his birthday.

God provides, and I'm glad he picked me to help. =)

~Cassie

Way to go Cassie! We're all tremendously proud of you!