My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, June 09, 2007

QUALITY PEOPLE

Had a great time with our ministry leaders today. They are a brilliant group!

One of the major focuses we have for this year is to encourage and equip these outstanding people. Our Volunteer Coordinator, Debbie Ingino, did some of the teaching as did our good friend Douglas McIntyre from Indianapolis.

We had some very fruitful discussion during part of Debbie's sessions, proving that all of us are smarter than any one of us.

When Doug asked us what we like most about the church, I was very happy to hear words like real, Christ-focused, family being used again and again.

I can identify with the pet dislikes that were aired too - sticky floors, early start (for those involved in getting things ready that is), lack of our own meeting space.

There is no question that this church is not a one man operation. We have some significant levels of leadership in place - a four person pastoral team and a twenty four person ministry leadership team. We don't have committees for the sake of committees and we certainly don't have any boards. What we do have is people who give themselves to doing the job and those who sweat get the right to speak!!!