My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

THIS MORNING IN PIX







Top - That would be me, teaching the first message in our summer series, Keepin' It Real. This morning we took a look at Acts 1 and some of the foundational things that enabled the soon-to-be-born church to turn the world upside down. We talked about being excited about Jesus, enabled by the Holy Spirit and having an eye on eternity. Cliff notes version - We have to keep the main thing the main thing.
Next - Our band really rocked this morning. They were outstanding. We had a guest bass player who told me it's easy to play bass when you have an outstanding drummer - and that we do. Great job with the sticks, Steve!
Next - The Big Screen Cafe is as popular a spot as ever with wise worshipers who don't want to see me in the flesh!
Next - Tracy had Lil'K up and running early - I think she has more fun than the kids.
And finally - Three of our impressive Kidmo team (Angela, Jean and Robin), who were there way before anyone should be out of bed on a Sunday morning, got things organized and then sat cheerfully awaiting the kids who would sign in with them.