My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?

The more observant of my readers may have worked out that this picture was taken in Sam's Club, but what was I up to???

Studying my shopping list in disbelief?
Preaching a sermon to an audience of one?
Having a modest wardrobe malfunction (look at the back of the shirt!)?
Looking over my notes for Sunday?

Sorry, it's none of the above!

This morning I was invited to address Medford Chamber of Commerce on the subject of Helping Those In Need in Medford. The meeting was being hosted by Sam's Club, who also provided an excellent breakfast - it started at 8.00.

I have been part of the Chamber for several years now and have got to know a lot of local business people, so this morning provided an excellent opportunity to share about needs that exist in the town and to encourage these good folks to continue to have an open ear to hear where they can reach out to those less fortunate than themselves.

I shared quite a few stories from our own Grace Care outreaches and spotted a few tears around the place as I talked about the way God has enabled us to get alongside people that are hurting.

I like Medford - and the Chamber of Commerce has some great folks in it.