My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, December 10, 2007

DAY OFF

The sabbath principle has to be a good one, because it was God's idea. If he needed a total break one day a week, then we do too. That's why I like Mondays - not that I rested in the sense of lazing around and doing nothing, rather I switched off from church stuff and focused on some things that are completely different.

Went to the gym this morning and then to Weight Watchers. I still attend Monday meetings as a member even though I lead four groups myself on Saturday mornings. I'll always be a member as I need to stay focused. This was not a diet that I succeeded with and can now give up, it is a new lifestyle.

Did a few things over at Charlotte's house this afternoon to help her out and then picked up my grandson from school. I don't do that often, but he likes it when he can ride with me in the Mustang and I know he enjoys our usual stop at the 7-11 on the way home.

Vegging this evening - there's a pretty pointless football game involving two inept teams on the TV, but I'm not really paying much attention.

Back to it tomorrow. It will be a full week, but one day of rest is enough and I'm ready to get going as we build up to Christmas Sunday, December 23rd.