My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, December 09, 2007

SUNDAY REVIEW

+ I am proud of myself that I managed to steer clear of the chocolate chip bagels and chocolate chip cream cheese this morning, but man was I tempted!

+ We're taking a break from the live video feed in the Cafe for the Christmas period. This means the Big Screen Cafe closes when service starts and the volunteers have a chance to get into Theater 5 and hear most of the service live for a change.

+ Gave away three boxes of Godiva chocolates while I was teaching this morning - immediately alienated more than 300 people!!!

+ While we're doing Christmas Sunday services and not Christmas Eve, it looks like a bunch of people will be joining Penny at the Nursing Home to give out gifts to the old folks and spend time with them on the 24th. That's good stuff.

+ Pulling the Cafe crowd into the main service meant from a practical perspective the place was full. Nice problem. Good job we're doing two services Christmas Sunday. That will be a practice run for our next step as the crowd increases.

+ So many new people. Do I really need to reconcile myself to the fact I don't know the names of everyone in the church? I am certainly not comfortable with that.

+ Had a lady visiting today who has been in a very driven church for years. She just left there. I taught on grace today and I gather it blew her away - that's what grace does to you, it blows you away.

+ Our set-up team got everything in place in record time today. They are good!

+ We have a great giveaway for everyone next week. It involves chocolate of course.

+ I like the Hershey's t-shirt I wore this morning. I got a Reese's Pieces one at the same time. There was a bright orange one that had a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup graphic, but they didn't have it in my size. Pity - bright orange would look good on the DVD.

+ The Colts are anihilating the Ravens. The Ravens almost beat the Patriots last week, so does that mean the Colts could now pulverize New England? - I wish!