My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

RANDOM RAMBLINGS

+ Was waiting for someone coming for a counselling appointment tonight and started watching American Idol while they were on their way. They didn't turn up - so I'm still watching these insane auditions - funniest thing on TV!

+ Had a very good lunch today with the rest of the pastoral team, all thanks to someone in the church who brought it over for us. A great gesture. (We meet every Wednesday until 12.00 noon in case you were feeling left out of the catering loop!!!)

+ Changes on the horizon - have to do something different to accommodate the growing Sunday crowd.

+ I loved the story of the guy who came in Sunday because he was passing and saw our signs and then went on to give his life to Christ.

+ Having postponed our Ministry Leaders' meeting on Sunday because of the Giants-Packers game, it's getting tough rescheduling it as there are some busy Sunday evenings ahead.

+ Spent an hour on a conference call to Saddleback Church this afternoon, discussing the Pastors' Forum I help to moderate for them. It's tragic how many pastors find the forum to be their sole connection point with other leaders - I guess I'm just spoiled to have so many real people I interact with.

+ Started making some initial plans for our 10th Anniversary on October 5th. That's insane. Where did those years go? I guess we're not new any more - but I feel like we are.

+ Have everything booked for the Church Planters' Conference in Mountain Lake, GA next month. Was there last year for the first time and found it very motivating. There aren't too many church planters on Long Island, so I don't resent having to go to Georgia to hang out with five or six hundred other guys with a passion to plant churches, even though most of them talk funny.