My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Fighting The Flab

I've been a bit frustrated these past few weeks as my efforts to lose weight and get into better physical shape seem to have reaped increasingly less results. Progress has slowed down.

So today I have decided that there's only one way to move forwards and that is to increase the pace. I guess when I was eighty pounds heavier I burned a heck of a lot more calories on my 3.5 miles morning walk than I do now. So what's the solution? Easy you say - up the miles. Yep! So I walked five miles this morning and reckon that if I do that and cut back a little more on my food intake, I should be able to get to my goal by Easter.

If you take my personal efforts here and place them into a spiritual context, you'll understand why we're in the middle of a spiritual growth campaign. 40 Days of Community is a way to increase the effort so that we get closer to where we want to be in our personal relationships with God, in better health as a church and more effective in reaching our communities. It's a conscious plan to get to our target.

So keep reading the devotionals and thinking them over. Make sure you don't miss your small group this week and whatever you do, make a point of being with us on Sunday for Week 5 and our Ministry Fair.