My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, November 21, 2005

What Did I Miss?

It has been a very busy few days, so I haven't been around my Blog since Thursday. That link could have kept you laughing for the weekend. So what happened this past few days?

1. We got the den and kitchen painted - looks sharp - and then got it all back in shape for last night's visitors.

2. We had a whole bunch of folks new to the church over for a get-together. It was great getting to know them all a little. God has given some outstanding folks to our church.

3. By the way, Jayne Palladino baked for us last night. She is an amazing baker. She has just started a business with her mother Sarah, who looks after our bagel cafe. So if you need baking done ...

4. Our son Jonathan turned 32 on Saturday - guess that makes me ancient.

5. I didn't get to teach the kids in Promiseland yesterday after all. I had to slip into the preaching slot in the main service as Frank Summers was back in hospital. They kept him and are keeping an eye on him. Please pray for a complete and speedy recovery.

6. We had our Ministry Fair yesterday. I love that event. It gives a broad overview of some of the things we are involved in as a church and above all, gives the opportunity for people to tie into the church by getting active.

I believe in involvement. Most of my message yesterday was off the cuff as I was not prepared to speak and only had about two hours notice. I was already at the theater when I found out I was up. So I had not planned to talk about my internal organs, but somehow my now departed gall bladder came into my sermon. I said that there are only two acceptable positions for a gall bladder, functioning or out. It went quiet when I said that's how people should be in a church too. But I believe it. I know it's Monday morning, but I hope you're functioning somewhere in ministry within the church.