My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, February 17, 2006

GUNS 'N' MOSES

For those who have been wondering how my visit to our Guns 'n' Moses group went last night, here's the sorry record. I got to fire two different kinds of rifles and two handguns and this target is the undeniable evidence of what many have known for years - I'm more than a bit off center!

This was a berretta, which to be honest I'm still reasonably happy about, as it was the first time I've even held a rifle in more than forty years.

Here's what was really cool. Of thirteen people who were there, nine were from our church, three don't really know the Lord yet and one is out of church, disillusioned at present. Which all goes to prove that if we will get off the well-worn paths and offer to meet people where they are at instead of trying to get them to where we are at, we can make significant connections!