My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, February 20, 2006

LITTLE ANNOYANCES

Hope it didn't show, but I was a little frustrated yesterday morning and it turned to being downright annoyed just before I left the movie theater.

I was frustrated because we had put so much effort into the start of our new series. We had the cappuccino and biscotti thing going well in the foyer, the stage done up with a great set looking like and expresso bar, bistro or whatever. We were all set to go - and then discovered the heat was not working in the main theater we use for service.

Of course the more observant among us would have noticed that from get-go, but trust me, when you're moving hundreds of pounds of equipment into place you quickly work up a sweat all by yourself. So if the air's chilly, it takes a while for that to actually sink in.

But what annoyed me was that on my way out I learned from a staff member that they had been trying to get the corporate office to authorize getting the heating fixed - for five days. The snow railroaded the final Sunday of our Win 4 Life series and there was nothing we could do about that. But to have the start of our new series messed up by negligence is totally unacceptable. Oh the joys of renting!

Anyway, I'm off to Scotland today, so I get chance to calm down! I'm going to be making the arrangements for our missions team to go over there in July and thankfully because of frequent flyer miles, the journey is not only free but it's business class too. Should be comfortable - back Friday, but I'll greet you from over there tomorrow!