My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

MOVING FORWARD






Three years after we moved into the movie theater and almost eight years since we launched, we took a giant leap forward today. Today was the day we decided to put all we could into what we are doing now and into where we are now, instead of living with makedo, looking forward to the golden day when we have our own building.

And the result was -

The nursery was crowded, Lil'K was packed out, KIDMO got off to an outstanding start, Altered was rocking, our cafe ran out of supplies, the Prayer Chapel was almost on overload and Worship Central had a great morning. This was the biggest crowd so far this year apart from Easter Sunday, with so many guests.

Talk about momentum - it's off the charts!

I could not believe how many people showed up at 7.00am today to help out with the more complicated set-up. There's a lot of work involved in preparing seven locations, but it was done with plenty of time to spare and the volunteers became our Big Screen Cafe's first customers.

This was a good day. One of those you want to bottle and preserve. It's hard to describe the buzz around the place. Did I say this before? - This fall is going to be huge.