My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

ON THE OTHER HAND

Here are some quotes from an email I just got from a first-time visitor last Sunday -

I have to tell you that I have been going to church 85% of my life and this was the first time that I have ever felt so welcome in church. Everyone was so welcoming,kind and informative.

Since church on Sunday I finally feel like God is hearing me and has begun to work in, on and around my life. This has been the first week in many months that the weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

I cannot thank you enough for doing your Discover Recovery series, it not only spoke
to my heart but down to my very soul. And for that I thank you for all that you do.

P.S. Kids loved it also.