My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, December 29, 2006

GREAT CHRISTMAS IN INDIA

We had a huge Christmas Eve, with the attendance only twenty people and change under our biggest Sunday of the year, Easter. It was a great time.

Today I got word from our friend Basil D'Souza in Thane,Bombay about their special services last weekend -

I think we made the right decision to have two services in Thane for Christmas, although it was hard work. We had 480 at the Hindi Service (5.30pm) and 284 at the English (9.00pm).
In addition Agnel had 190 at Calangute and 80 at Vasco, bringing the total number of those who attended service at Covenant Blessings Churches to 1000+.... God is so very good.


Isn't that amazing? - Over 1,000 people in services there celebrating Christmas in a Hindi culture. Basil is really doing a great job over in India, but I have shared with him that I believe the potential for development and growth surpasses anything he can even imagine.

And it's the same for us too!