My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, January 01, 2007

A NEW PAGE

There's a brand new calendar on the wall with 365 blank squares, marking the start of a whole new year. If you're under the age of ten, it will seem like an eternity before Santa Claus comes visiting again, but if you're over 50 you know full well that it will be no time at all before we're staring 2008 full in the face.

There's a prayer of Moses recorded in Psalm 90:1 that's pretty appropriate right now - Teach us to use wisely all the time we have.

I appreciate the opportunity of another year to know God, love my family and see the kingdom of God grow.

We won't do that if we're the kind of predictable, wimpy, traditional church that 97% of Suffolk County residents have decided they don't need.

We need to be more and more proactive, focused and determined to make an impact on the community of 1.5 million people in which God has planted us.

Dangerous Church 2007 - That has a great ring about it!