My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

WHAT'S FOR BREAKFAST?


To tell the truth, I have not seen breakfast time for the past two days. The five hours time difference makes it tough to get to sleep at night here and even tougher to face daylight in the morning.

British breakfasts vary a little from what we may eat in a New York diner as you can see from this photo. Note the absence of fat on the bacon, the beans - yes beans! - on the plate and some black stuff on top of the bacon that you really don't need to know about. But since you asked, it's called Black Pudding and it is comprised mainly of blood!!!

Our church will be kicking off The Earliest New Years Party Ever at 8.30 tomorrow and more familiar items will be on the breakfast buffet - like scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, home fries, french toast, pancakes and of course bagels!

That will be followed by our last service of 2006, with a great guest speaker - Ivan Vorster - who is Lesaya Kelly's father. Ivan pastored in South Africa for years, but more recently is the Chaplain to the Santa Barbara Sheriff's Department in California and is the pastor of a church there also. He's a great guy.

So don't miss breakfast tomorrow morning - it's free of course - and I'll do my very best to get up in time to eat over here too.