My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

SOWING THE SEED

Walking by the rocky shore of the North Sea this morning, a stonesthrow from where we are staying, I ran into a man I haven't seen in over 15 years.

As his eyes caught mine and he ran to greet me, I remembered the afternoon perhaps 20 years back when I had baptized him less than a hundred yards from the spot where I was now standing, having led him to faith in Christ just a few weeks earlier.

Today he leads a small church in a nearby town. As we embraced in the chilly January air I asked him how things are with him and he said - Great! Thanks to the foundation you gave me!

I'd be lying if I told you this was not an encouraging encounter, but here's what it brought to my mind - none of us knows how we are affecting others, but we need to do all we can at all times to sow good seed into the lives of those God brings our way.

Some seed falls by the wayside, some is choked by the cares of this world, but some bears one heck of a lot of fruit!