My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

IT'S CALLED CHRISTMAS

What is the matter with people? This country is going nuts.

Let's set the record straight - the thing in the corner of my den is a CHRISTMAS tree; hanging around our walls are CHRISTMAS decorations; we have strings of CHRISTMAS cards; in my car I listen to CHRISTMAS music.

And whether you like it or not, I'm going to wish you a Merry CHRISTMAS and not Happy Holidays!

If that offends you, go get a life, re-read your history books instead of trying to re-write them and deal with the fact that since the birth of Jesus has been celebrated at this time of year for centuries, your whining is not going to change that.

But then again, instead of rambling on myself, I'll leave you to check out how these guys say - or sing - about this nonsense far more eloquently than I could -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAckfn8yiAQ